"On 12th September 2015, I was one quarter of Kipawa’s first obstacle event team when we took part in TOTAL WARRIOR at North Berwick, East Lothian. The race involved a 12k run through a very muddy course of hill climbs, sprints, carrying logs, jumping in mud, monkey bars, climbing over walls and about 25 other tough, painful and excitingly named obstacles including...
- The Shocker - run through a mass of 100s of electric wires hanging from above
- Claustrophobe - crawl through a very small, dark and muddy tunnel
- The Plunge - jump into a large pond filled with 10 tons of ice
- The Human BBQ - leaping / running over fire
- The Worm Muncher - crawl through mud under low barbed wire
- Not to mention the Peaks of Pain, Death Valley and The Ball Breaker!
Thanks and congratulations to my team mates - Amy Howard, Amanda Hudson and Malcolm Holwill for taking up the challenge, getting through the training and becoming Total Warriors! A special thank you to Amy for putting the team together.
We finished in a very respectable 64th place in a time of 1:48:29 and had a great day. We trained hard in the months before and it was definitely a tough challenge but all was worth it on the day – there is great camaraderie over the course and it really felt rewarding to complete the course. We also managed to raise over £1200 in sponsorship for Kipawa - so that made (most of) the pain worthwhile!
We are already thinking about doing it all over again in 2016 so please get in touch if you’d like to join us!"